none
display time received field in outlook message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I apologise if this question has already been asked, but I could not find the answer I was looking for, I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask this though

When I open an email in outlook 2007/10 to print it, the message header will show a few default fields and print them

How do I add a time received field to the default message view? currently only time sent is available?

I can add a column etc so I know the fired is available but how do i get it to show in the standard message header that appears at the top of an email when its opened?

Printing the fill message header from options is not really an ideal solution

Thanks for your help

• Edited by Tud Friday, December 14, 2012 3:10 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 12:56 AM

Answers

• you would either have to develop custom form that will display whatever you want or use form regions to add this infrmation (but it will be then displayed at the bottom of window, not top).

Just for printing purposes you could use fact that user properties are printed by default, so add few user properties with values from desired mail fields and they will get printed at the header of the message.

Friday, December 14, 2012 8:59 AM
  • by code. Obtain MailItem object and use something like that pseudocode:

var userProperty = MailItem.UserProperties.Add("Recieved Time");

userProperty.Value = <value here from wherever you want>;

MailItem.Save();

Monday, December 17, 2012 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Tud,

I think I don't understand your request firmly. "Received Filed"? I think it must a customized fields. As normal, we will call it "To Field" instead. 

I never see To field missed in print view. 

Would you please clarify it?

Have a good day,

T.X.

志异征诛,三让两家王朝
    功同开辟,一桮万古江南

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Sorry about that, I have updated my original post to make sense now.

I am after "time sent" and "time received" to be displayed in the message header 

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:11 AM
  • do you care to have them only for printing purposes or would you like to have them shown always?
    Friday, December 14, 2012 4:59 AM
  • Mainly for printing, but if it could be displayed all the time that would be ideal

Do you know if it is possible to modify which fields appear in a message header when its opened? they seem pretty static 

cheers

Friday, December 14, 2012 5:04 AM
  • you would either have to develop custom form that will display whatever you want or use form regions to add this infrmation (but it will be then displayed at the bottom of window, not top).

Just for printing purposes you could use fact that user properties are printed by default, so add few user properties with values from desired mail fields and they will get printed at the header of the message.

Friday, December 14, 2012 8:59 AM
  • Just for printing purposes you could use fact that user properties are printed by default, so add few user properties with values from desired mail fields and they will get printed at the header of the message.

I'm not sure what you mean by this but it sounds like it would probably do as a solution, how do I add a few user properties? 

Cheers

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:31 AM
  • by code. Obtain MailItem object and use something like that pseudocode:

var userProperty = MailItem.UserProperties.Add("Recieved Time");

userProperty.Value = <value here from wherever you want>;

MailItem.Save();

Monday, December 17, 2012 5:28 AM