Question on visualization components RRS feed

• Question

• User468946723 posted

I see that Microsoft has the charting components acquired from Dundas available, but I haven't seen anything of the Map for ASP.NET component.  Is it available somehow, or am I completely out of luck in being able to use it at this point?  I have a solution that depends on it, but can't deploy it anywhere now because it seems that it's impossible to get a new license for it.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:24 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

You should talk to Dundas.

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:57 AM
  • User468946723 posted

I sent an email to Dundas too.  Haven't heard back from them though.  Since Microsoft owns the components now though, I wondered if they had made them available in any way.  Since Microsoft owns the IP now, are we allowed to distribute the old Dundas DLLs?  I'm just trying to find some legal way to be able to continue to use the Map component as a part of our tool.

Friday, February 18, 2011 2:22 PM
  • User-821857111 posted

According to this: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/alexgor/archive/2008/11/07/microsoft-chart-control-vs-dundas-chart-control.aspx, Dundas are responsible for supporting controls purchased from them. The DLLs you have from Dundas are subject to their licence conditions, not Microsoft's.

Friday, February 18, 2011 2:33 PM
  • User468946723 posted

Ok.  I got a reply from Dundas saying that they can no longer sell licenses, and that I should talk to Microsoft about it. 

Apparently many of the controls that were purchased from Dundas have disappeared and Microsoft doesn't seem to have any intention of making them, or anything like them, available.  I guess we'll have to look for some alternative that can be used as a replacement.  Thanks for the link.

Friday, February 18, 2011 11:40 PM