Web Forms and Web Gardens RRS feed

• Question

• User1052785922 posted

Please explain me the concepts of Web Forms and Web Gardens.

Friday, September 18, 2009 9:42 AM

Answers

• User2130758966 posted

I thought you had made that up when I read it [:)]

Ok i'm thinking you are meaning Web Farms not Web Forms? Lets cover all three just in case:

WebForms is asp.net webforms which is the most popular way of developing websites. It uses controls and viewstate and abstractions. It is the opposite of asp.net mvc.

Web Farms are groups of computers which all run the same website. Its for high traffic websites which need to share the load between more than one computer.

Web Gardens are "Web gardens are different from Web farms. A Web garden is configured on a single server by specifying multiple worker processes for an application pool. Web farms use multiple servers for a Web site."

So there you go, we just learned something new!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2009 9:50 AM

All replies

• User2130758966 posted

I thought you had made that up when I read it [:)]

Ok i'm thinking you are meaning Web Farms not Web Forms? Lets cover all three just in case:

WebForms is asp.net webforms which is the most popular way of developing websites. It uses controls and viewstate and abstractions. It is the opposite of asp.net mvc.

Web Farms are groups of computers which all run the same website. Its for high traffic websites which need to share the load between more than one computer.

Web Gardens are "Web gardens are different from Web farms. A Web garden is configured on a single server by specifying multiple worker processes for an application pool. Web farms use multiple servers for a Web site."

So there you go, we just learned something new!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2009 9:50 AM
  • User1052785922 posted

Thank you so much....

Friday, September 18, 2009 10:02 AM