none
aspnet_compiler web.config(132): error ASPCONFIG: Could not load type 'System.Data.Entity.Design.AspNet.EntityDesignerBuildProvider' RRS feed

• Question

• My latest MVC 5 project built with VS 2013 compiled and works fine on my PC but can not be published to server using command line aspnet_compiler. I kept getting the web.config(132): error ASPCONFIG: Could not load type 'System.Data.Entity.Design.AspNet.EntityDesignerBuildProvider'

In my web.config file, I have the following as suggested by many for solution:

<add assembly="System.Data.Entity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>

<add assembly="System.Data.Entity.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>

However, the error is persisting.  I have no clue how to fix this.  Hope someone can help.

• Edited by FredVanc Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:05 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:57 PM

Answers

• I finally fixed the problem, it seemed came from broken .NET framework 4.5.2 when my PC upgraded from 4.5.1

1. Go to control panel and click on the .NET framework 4.5.2 and select repair -> click next

2. Restart your PC

3. Recreate the project from scratch so that the new, fresh assembly codes will be generated.

The problem now goes away.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:47 PM

All replies

• Hello FredVanc,

As you mentions, it could work with your develop environment, so I am wondering it is that on the server machine, the assembly is not there actually. Here are some information I found which might be helpful:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/958975?wa=wsignin1.0

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1295cfa8-751b-4e9b-a7a7-14e1ad1393b6/compiling-error?forum=adodotnetentityframework

By the way, since this issue is related with ASP.ENT project, I suggest that you could post it to the ASP.NET forum, there are web experts will help you:

http://forums.asp.net/

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 13, 2015 6:56 AM
  • Hi Fred Bao,

The command line compiler has been working well for me and this issue just has happened to new MVC project.  I have always used aspnet_compiler.ext to push the released code to the server so I don't know if the assembly is required to be there because the entire codes from my PC to be pushed or published there.

I followed the two links you recommended but it seemed they are not quite fixing my issue.  The first link describes the Entity Data Model Designer (EDMX) file does not compile and execute in partial trust would generate a similar error message but my project doesn't have that issue.

The second link describes the same issue with older VS 2010 but their solutions do not fix my issue... I will post this on the asp.net as you suggested.

Thanks!

Monday, March 16, 2015 4:10 PM
  • I finally fixed the problem, it seemed came from broken .NET framework 4.5.2 when my PC upgraded from 4.5.1

1. Go to control panel and click on the .NET framework 4.5.2 and select repair -> click next

2. Restart your PC

3. Recreate the project from scratch so that the new, fresh assembly codes will be generated.

The problem now goes away.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:47 PM