Weird behavior of Treeview (.net 2.0) node expansion on production RRS feed

• Question

• User426046264 posted

I have created Sitemap using Treeview and Sitemap Provider. On production, some time the Sitemap renders properly but some time it generates java script Error “Object Not found”. This time when one click on the expansion “+” sign, then it displays another java script error “expandState is null or not an object”

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

After some analysis and research, we got that this is related to the javascript generated for Treeview control. There is an http handler called WebResources.axd in .net 2.0, which generates javascript functions required by particular page. The problem is with how these .axd extensions are mapped in IIS.

<o:p> </o:p>Then we were able to reproduce it on dev machine by checking the “Verify that file exists” check box of the site’s IIS Configuration setting against .axd application extension. <o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>

But we check all loadbalanced Server's Verify that file exists” check box on production, it was already unchecked.

<o:p> </o:p>

Now seeming no other solution..

<o:p> </o:p>

Please help me.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:03 PM

Answers

• User426046264 posted
    I resolved the issue [:)] .... this is because of web farm.. to resove i just added machine key in web.config.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:42 AM