Add Loops to Web Performance Tests with dynamic value RRS feed

• Question

• I'm doing a web performance test. I have added two csv datasources. 
    Datasource1  contains users and password than has to be logged. 
    Datasource2 contains info related with previous datasource through userid.

Each iteration of the test changes the user according Datasource1.

I want to insert a conditional loop for Datasource2 checking current Datasource1.userId with current Datasource2.UserId. 

Is this possible?
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi AlbertoCT,

According to your description, could you please tell us if you try to add loops to Web Performance Tests Requests for Datasource2?

If no, I suggest you could try to add loops to Web Performance Tests Requests for Datasource2.

About how to add Loops to Web Performance Tests Requests, please see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ff820570(v=vs.110).aspx

After you bind data source for web request in web performance test, please make sure that you have checked ‘One run per data source row’ in Web Test panel in testsettings file and set Access method of datasource to Seqencial or Unique.

Since the UserId is a dynamic value according Datasource1, I suggest you could try to modify your requests to not hard code these values.

For more explanation and solutions, please see: How to debug a Web Test

In addition, if the second user can’t login into home page after the first user login into home page, I suggest you could try to run your web performance test in load test. Since in load test, the ”Percentage of new Users property mainly affects the way in which the load test simulates the caching that would be performed by a Web browser. So you could try to set the” Percentage of new Users property to 100% in load test.

Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff406980.aspx.

If I misunderstand your issue, please tell me more details about this issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Friday, September 12, 2014 10:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Friday, September 19, 2014 1:16 AM
    Friday, September 12, 2014 10:06 AM