The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Official Keyboard for my county RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if it is possible to develop a keyboard in windows phone for my county because until now there is no support for the keyboard for my country, so I want to develop it if possible. I have seen other mobile os have allowed some developers in my country to embed the keyboard into the system as they use some hacks or tricks. Anyone here please advise me where I should start from so that I can learn and develop it. Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:34 PM

All replies

• No you can't, at least not one you can add to the platform. What keyboard are you looking for?

http://pauliom.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:45 PM
  • I want a keyboard of my language, Khmer Language (Cambodia). So can I have other alternative ways to add the keyboard unofficially or just use it locally in my country?
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:55 AM
  • I want a keyboard of my language, Khmer Language (Cambodia). So can I have other alternative ways to add the keyboard unofficially or just use it locally in my country?

Within an application you write, you can create your own custom keyboard for use with TextBox or other controls that need user input.  You will need to be sure that the input controls don't allow user input directly as that would open the SIP with the keyboard as set by the user.

Other than that, there is no way to create an application that will modify part of the system and publish it to the Windows Phone Store.

It may be possible to do this if you had a hacked phone and side loaded your application, but this forum is not the place to ask how or show how to do so.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:41 AM