Azure Stack Installation faild at Step 60.140.148 - (ACS) Configure Storage Accounts information failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I want to install Azure Stack in a connected Scenario November Release 2017 behind a web Proxy. During the Setup process I configured the vm's to use our Proxy. It works up to step 140.148 machine azs-acs01. I get here the following message. It seems that teh function Get the storage account key for ACS does not work.

Could you tell me how can I get more Details about that error? How can I dive a Little bit deeper.

thx

Daniel

VERBOSE: 1> [ACS:Configure] Installed Azure Stack powershell on AzS-ACS01.azurestack.local - 1/10/2018 12:03:32 AM

VERBOSE: 1> [ACS:Configure] Get the storage account key for ACS - 1/10/2018 12:03:32 AM

WARNING: 1> Task: Invocation of interface 'Configure' of role 'Cloud\Fabric\ACS' failed:

Type 'Configure' of Role 'ACS' raised an exception:

An error occurred while trying to initialize Azure PowerShell environment:

System.Management.Automation.CommandNotFoundException: The term 'Trace-Error' is not recognized as the name of a

cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify

that the path is correct and try again.

at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception

exception)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.LightLambda.RunVoid1[T0](T0 arg0)

at System.Management.Automation.PSScriptCmdlet.RunClause(Action`1 clause, Object dollarUnderbar, Object

inputToProcess)

at System.Management.Automation.PSScriptCmdlet.DoEndProcessing()

at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessorBase.Complete()

at Initialize-AzureStackPowerShellContext, C:\Program

Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.AzureStack.Solution.Deploy.Fabric\AzureStackInstaller\Utils\XRP\AzureStackPow

erShellHelpers.psm1: line 107

at Get-StorageKey, C:\Program

Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.AzureStack.Solution.Deploy.Fabric\AzureStackInstaller\Utils\XRP\Storage\Stora

geUtils.ps1: line 231 - 1/10/2018 12:07:48 AM

WARNING: 1> Task: Retrying interface 'Configure' of role 'Cloud\Fabric\ACS'... - 1/10/2018 12:07:48 AM

VERBOSE: 1> Task: Running interface 'Configure' of role 'Cloud\Fabric\ACS'. Attempt #2. totalRetries = 2 (Retry 1 of

2.) - 1/10/2018 12:07:48 AM

VERBOSE: 1> Wait for 60 seconds before attempting retry. - 1/10/2018 12:07:48 AM

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• To fetch more details on the issue you could review the logs, refer https://aka.ms/GetAzureStackLogs for details on tracing & log collection in Azure Stack.

Also, to expedite this investigation, could you provide the following information:

Build/Version:  

Get-Content "C:\CloudDeployment\Configuration\Version\version.xml"

Directory type: 

Azure AD or ADFS

Hardware: 

How many CPU Cores, RAM, Get-Disk output

Network: 

Static or DHCP.

To highlight the prerequisites, Azure Stack requires access to the Internet, either directly or through a transparent proxy. Azure Stack does not support the configuration of a web proxy to enable Internet access. Both the host IP and the new IP assigned to the MAS-BGPNAT01 (by DHCP or static IP) must be able to access Internet. Ports 80 and 443 are used under the graph.windows.net and login.microsoftonline.com domains.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 3:39 PM
  • Hello,

There were a few deployment issues with the November build of the ASDK that have been addressed in the  latest build 1712, along with additional checks, retries and code fixes.

We strongly suggest redeploying with the latest Build.

Microsoft Azure Stack Development Kit 1712 Build 20180103.2 Available 1/5/2018

Also, please keep in mind that Azure Stack requires access to the Internet directly or through a transparent proxy. Azure Stack does not support the configuration of a web proxy to enable Internet access.

If the latest build 1712 fails to deploy, we suggest deploying an ADFS disconnected scenario as your environment is behind a web-proxy.  

Marketplace Syndication and PaaS Resource Providers are now available for disconnected ADFS scenarios in ADK 1712.

See the following for details:

Install PowerShell in a disconnected or a partially connected scenario (with limited internet connectivity)

Add the image by using PowerShell

Disconnected registration

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:10 PM
  • Hi Gary,

thx for information. I know that only a transparent proxy is supported. I will try it anyway. What I have seen is that in most cases you will connect only to couple of web api's via http or https. It could not be a problem that all http/s traffic goes thru a web proxy. And I meen not all of installed servers in stack need  a direct connection to the internet. I will download first the newest SDK and let you know what happend.

thx

daniel

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:17 PM