Silverlight Toolkit available for Windows CE 7 CTP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently running a Virtual PC emulator with a Windows CE 7 OS image. I have been able to use Expression Blend 3 and the WEST tool in Visual Studio 2008 to load a Silverlight subproject onto the emulator and run it. I am wondering if Windows CE 7 and the Silverlight Toolkit are compatible. I'm particularly interested in the Accordian control. If there is a way to use these controls on Windows CE 7, what toolkit do I download and how do I use it? (I noticed there is a toolkit out for Windows Phone 7 but I have not come across a toolkit that specifically mentions it is for Windows CE 7).

Any and all help is appreciated.

Friday, October 1, 2010 1:25 PM

All replies

• I ended up downloading the normal Silverlight Toolkit. In Expression Blend 3 I was able to make a project using the Expander control. When I performed an Update Silverlight for Windows Embedded Project... in Visual Studio 2008 the summary report says "4 unknown controls detected. Custom controls are not supported by this version of Silverlight for Windows Embedded." I suppose I still need a Silverlight toolkit targeting Windows CE 7 that includes the Expander control. Does one exist?

Friday, October 1, 2010 4:13 PM
  • I tried developing my own custom accordion/expander-type user control with custom visual transitions. When I tried importing the project to Visual Studio using the WEST tool the Validation step failed and reported that EventTrigger and GoToStateAction need to be removed from the file or "if it's a custom control, manually register the control." In this case, I am defining my own custom control using very basic controls (such as Buttons), however I am defining behaviors using <i:Interaction.Triggers/> tags. Are behaviors also not supported, or am I missing something? It seems that behaviors are basic enough that they would be supported in Silverlight for Windows Embedded.

Any help is appreciated.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Did u find any graph control for Win CE 6.0 R3, I am using Silverlight 2.0

atleast a tutorial on graph control or demo

Thanks

Santosh Kumar

Monday, November 8, 2010 8:12 AM
  • Did u find any graph control for Win CE 6.0 R3, I am using Silverlight 2.0

atleast a tutorial on graph control or demo

Thanks

Santosh Kumar

Unfortunately I have not. The information out there for Silverlight for Windows Embedded is very sparse and only demonstrates very trivial scenarios (i.e., placing a button on the screen and starting a storyboard when it is clicked). I was hoping the official Silverlight forums would be more helpful, but that doesn't seem to be the case either. Although the technology is powerful and I am interested in applying this to my work, I may end up going with a different GUI technology that has better support and which is more prevalent in the developer community.

Monday, November 8, 2010 2:03 PM
  • Atlast, I have done it. I created a custom control, and kept as many lines as required to plot the chart/waveform. I came up something that looks smooth, but yes, to draw on 240pixel screen I consumed some 240 line objects. since, there is no other option I had to go like this. but this is not an issue if enough RAM is available on the device

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 6:28 AM
  • For CE 7 in Virtual PC, I get "please install Silverlight..."  The browser prompts to install Silverlight, but fails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Robert

Sunday, March 6, 2011 4:54 PM