CDC - There is no change data for this table - Error RRS feed

• Question

• I had an issue while running Incremental data load on a table which has CDC Enabled. I do get the below error while running Delta Load. The packages are called from Master Package.

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility  Version 11.0.5058.0 for 64-bit  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.    Started:  3:55:02 AM  Error: 2015-07-17 03:55:05.40     Code: 0x4002F304     Source: CDC Control Task - Start CDC Control Task     Description: "There is no change data for this table.".  End Error  DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).  Started:  3:55:02 AM  Finished: 3:55:05 AM  Elapsed:  3.015 seconds.  The package execution failed.  The step failed.

Please let me know if you have any solution for this error.

Vedaraj

Friday, July 17, 2015 11:06 AM

All replies

• Please make sure CDC was not turned off when the package was executing.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, July 17, 2015 1:19 PM
  • CDC on the database and table is turned on. I ran the Full load before delta load begins

Vedaraj

Friday, July 17, 2015 1:30 PM
  • I suspect it could be off when the package ran, then turned on.

If you run now, or on demand, does it succeed?

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, July 17, 2015 3:48 PM
  • How much time elapsed between loading the cdc enabled table and extracting changed data from the cdc enables table?  There is a time lag between the transaction affecting a cdc enable table and when the cdc functions show the changes.

Russel Loski, MCT, MCSE Data Platform/Business Intelligence. Twitter: @sqlmovers; blog: www.sqlmovers.com

Friday, July 17, 2015 4:37 PM
  • The CDC is turned on and package also ran second time. Still it fails

Vedaraj

Saturday, July 18, 2015 12:45 PM
  • Could you tell us Vedaraj how to reproduce this error?

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Sunday, July 19, 2015 2:20 AM
  • A Table "XYZ" is CDC Enabled. There a two packages created for Data warehouse loading. Full Load and  Delta - Incremental Load. CDC Control Task - Start and CDC Control Task  - End is part of the both Packages.

I dropped  CDC from database and recreated in database and Table and Ran full Load and followed by Delta Load. i get the error while running delta load. Please let me know if you need any further information. 

Note - It was working fine previously. 

Thanks for looking into this.

Vedaraj

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 8:10 AM
  • Hi All, Today i ran Full Load and immediately followed by Delta Load and the Now the issue is not appearing .Package ran successfully. I really do not understand how this error does not show up now. There was no change done in the package 

Vedaraj

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Confirm the CDC Capture job is running.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018 7:04 PM