How to check space on Oracle Database server + How to generate CREATE script for Indexes and Triggers using c# code RRS feed

• Question

• User-1209179946 posted

Hello,

I have to automate one database process in .Net web applicaiton which uses Oracle 11g Database as Backend.

I need to know two things:

(1) How to check space on Oracle database server? I need space on server and not in the Database itself. My process creates few tables so I want to make sure that we have sufficient space before the process starts.

(2) Also I need to create script to backup Indexes and Triggers on the table so that I can recreate them after data transfer process is completed. Any idea how to create script form c# code?

Many thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Bhavesh

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:19 PM

Answers

• User-1209179946 posted

I resolved this using Impersonate setting. This allows specified user to access remote database server to find out freespace on the server. This was needed as we have automated task which takes almost a day to completed and we wanted to make sure that we have sufficient space on the server before the task begins. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 11:49 AM

All replies

• User-1209179946 posted

I resolved this using Impersonate setting. This allows specified user to access remote database server to find out freespace on the server. This was needed as we have automated task which takes almost a day to completed and we wanted to make sure that we have sufficient space on the server before the task begins. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 11:49 AM
  • User2024490582 posted

Hello Bhavesh,

do you know any hosting service which provides Oracle as backend instead of Ms Sql server.
    Kindly revert back

julie

Sunday, December 5, 2010 6:18 PM