none
Audio Feature DragonBoard 410C

Question

• i'm currently testing audio functionality by installing Windows 10 IoT Core on DragonBoard.

I connected the Audio Mezzanine Board to the board.

However, when I tested it, audio input and output worked normally in 14393 build version, but onboard audio did not work normally in 15063 build version (including 16299 version and insider preview version).

Is there a solution?

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Junghwan,

This would be an excellent question to ask through the Feedback App so that the Windows Team that deals at the driver levels can see it.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, January 4, 2018 12:45 AM
  • Dear IoTGirl,

Thank you for your answer.

If you find a solution to this issue, let me know.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 4, 2018 1:08 AM
  • Hi Junghwan,

Unfortunately I do not have a dragonboard myself but I know it is a core chipset for Windows 10 so getting the details into the feedback app should get the right people involved.

You will need to provide full details of your setup and how you reproduce your issue.  It would be also good to let them know build numbers when it worked and when it failed.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, January 5, 2018 5:45 PM
  • Note that DragonBoard 410cs that are not ordered with the audio mezzanine (meaning they are ordered standalone) do not have the analog audio header populated, and this is required for the audio mezzanine to function for audio uses.

You didn't mention if you are using the same DragonBoard as before, which is why I mention this.

Also, in my own experience, I have found that the speaker connection on the audio mezzanine is where sounds come from by default.  I had exactly zero success with the headphone & microphone combo jack.  The onboard microphones work fine, and if you connect a speaker directly to the two speaker pins, you will hear (very loud) audio through that speaker.

This is information more for future search engine users than anyone in this thread.

Monday, January 8, 2018 9:52 PM
  • I know this thread is older, but i have a Question regarding Audio on the Dragonboard 410c. I bought a DBC410c standalone, without Mezzanine, does this mean, that the connections to the Audio Header are not there, or does this mean, that just the Header itself is not populated to the Pins? I have no success to Play Audio with a Speaker connected to it.
    Saturday, August 4, 2018 4:07 PM