none
Small Basic will crash immediately on starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am hoping someone can help me here. I am a school teacher and have recently been getting my students to do some programming with small basic.

Everything has been working fine until this morning when I had a class and some of the machines are now refusing to load Small Basic. They just immediately come up with an error saying ...

Microsoft Small Basic has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you were in the middle of something, the informaiton you were working on might be lost.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing version 5 but this doesn't help.
    I then tried installing version 4 and that had the same problem.

We definitely have .net framework 3.5 installed (as it still works on one or two computers, but not the other 15 or so).

I have tried uninstalling small basic and deleting the c:\program files\Microsoft\Small Basic folder, and then re-installing but this didn't help either.

If someone could offer some advice or trouble shooting that'd be great. I'm really at my wits end here.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Tony Crouch

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:23 AM

Answers