none
Building a Room Diagram / Floorplan control RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I was hoping to not have to reinvent the wheel here, but I haven't had any luck finding a control that I could build off of.  If anyone knows of one, please let me know!

I need a floorplan / room diagram control for a small project that I am working on and I'm genuinely not even sure where to begin.

I have never done anything like this at all, so I am open to any suggestions or recommendations.

I want to be able to have the user resize / define the dimensions of the rooms and for them to be able to be dragged and / or moved around.

Where do I start with a project like this?  I have found precious little online and I'm wondering if that's because I'm searching for the wrong thing.

I would be making this in C#.

Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
    Monday, June 4, 2018 3:38 PM

All replies

• If you are clever you ask this in the VB forum. There are some (older) guys (not me) active in that which are great with all kind of drawing. 

After that you can always convert the VB code one to one to C#. 

But don't tell you need it for C#.

:-)

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral

Success
    Cor

Monday, June 4, 2018 3:44 PM
  • Thanks, I'll post it there then.

Thank you for your suggestion!  :)
    Monday, June 4, 2018 3:47 PM
  • You can find similar controls on sites like Code Project.

For example : Shape Control for .NET (not tested)

• Edited by Castorix31 Monday, June 4, 2018 4:38 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 4:36 PM
  • This forum is for C#-specific questions. Please identify the UI framework you intend to use (Winforms, WPF, etc) so we can move it to the correct forum.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Monday, June 4, 2018 6:00 PM
  • Michael,

The OP is now active in the VB forum. In that forum are some guys (3 or 4) who are in my opinion real good of that. 

Last week there was a question which I never could answers. There was replied with code for viewing in my perception from Jupiter the earth while the moon was going around it. 

And dedicated to the question, not some copied and pasted code. 

Therefore let this simply go to the bottom 

Success
    Cor

Monday, June 4, 2018 6:06 PM
  • As I say in the other thread, the answer is likely graphics independent of the GUI.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 4:20 AM