AJAX HTML Editor control.... RRS feed

• Question

• User-153404742 posted

I have a question for the HTML Editor control I'm using.....when using option to paste from MS Word, it has a popup with message.  Is there a way to update the message?

It says something like

"mywebisiteurl.com says 

Pasting from MS Word is switched on. Just Now: User Ctrl-V.

Is there a way to remove the top line to not include the URL...or update this message entirely?

Also, if copying from word, its concatenating words where there's a break...haven't been able to solve this unless user pastes into notepad first and then from there copy/paste into this editor.  Are there other editor controls that work better?  Thanks.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 8:24 PM

Answers

• User-153404742 posted

I use the HTMLExtender instead now....seems to have fixed issue in this control.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:41 PM

All replies

• User409696431 posted

"mywebisiteurl.com says"

Try it in different browsers.  Some browsers identify the source of an alert.  You can't change that.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 1:43 AM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi inkakln,

inkaln

Also, if copying from word, its concatenating words where there's a break...haven't been able to solve this unless user pastes into notepad first and then from there copy/paste into this editor.  Are there other editor controls that work better? 

As far as I know, the AJAX HTML Editor control is outdated, the latest should be the HtmlEditorExtender control.

This is my test result, I did not encounter the problem you said.

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
                <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" Width="300" Height="200"></asp:TextBox>
                <ajaxToolkit:HtmlEditorExtender ID="HtmlEditorExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="TextBox1" EnableSanitization="false"></ajaxToolkit:HtmlEditorExtender>     

More information about HTMLEditorExtender you can refer to this link:

https://ajaxcontroltoolkit.devexpress.com/HtmlEditorExtender/HtmlEditorExtender.aspx

Best regards,

Sam

Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:59 AM
  • User-719153870 posted

Hi inkaln,

Based on your description, I cannot reproduce your problem.

The browsers I tried include the following :

•   Chrome (Version 81.0.4044.138)
    •   Microsoft Edge (Version 44.18362.449.0)  
    •   Internet Explorer (Version 11.778.18362.0)

Please provide sample code that can reproduce the issue.

And since this issue might be related to browser and security settings, please provide the browser you are using to test and its version too.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

Thursday, May 14, 2020 5:53 AM
  • User-153404742 posted

Ok so I downloaded the latest ajaxtoolkit and referencing the HTMLExtender control; however, the SanitizerProviders.dll and HtmlAgilityPack.dll do not get added automatically....I'm trying to search Nuget and added the AjaxControlToolkit.HtmlEditor.Sanitizer reference.  Adding the following sections in the config gives an error stating the <stystem.web> has an invalid child <sanitizer.   Any ideas on how to fix this?  So I have the following added to my config

<configSections>
    <section name="ajaxControlToolkit" type="AjaxControlToolkit.AjaxControlToolkitConfigSection, AjaxControlToolkit" />
    <sectionGroup name="system.web">
    <section name="sanitizer"
    requirePermission="false"
    type="AjaxControlToolkit.Sanitizer.ProviderSanitizerSection,
    AjaxControlToolkit"/>
    </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>

<system.web>
    	<compilation targetFramework="4.5" debug="false"/>
    	<sanitizer defaultProvider="HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider">
    		<providers>			
                <add name="HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider" 
                type="AjaxControlToolkit.Sanitizer.
                HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider"></add>
    		</providers>
    	</sanitizer>
    </system.web>

I don't think there's a reference to the HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider....do I need to add this to the reference manually?
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 5:54 PM
  • User-153404742 posted

I use the HTMLExtender instead now....seems to have fixed issue in this control.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:41 PM
  • User-153404742 posted

The control shows fine when used in aspx page directly.  However, I have bootstrap tabs inside a modal pop up control and inside one of these tabs I have the control....so when I open the modal window, the control initially doesn't load but shows gray vertical line,which when hovered over, shows the buttons I'm using from toolbar.  When a postback occurs when changing dropdown list item from the same tab where control is then it loads fine.  I tried setting the textbox.Text property in the page Load event but that doesn't seem to work....any ideas on how to have the control loaded automatically in the tab pane on the modal popup?

Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:45 PM