SSIS package throwing Error if run as job RRS feed

• Question

• i am trying to run my SSIS package which working when i run from application, but when i run from job.getting error below,

even i tried from my name and [sa] user too. other job working on that server, my file is in differnt machine.

which i can access from my machine too

Code: 0xC0011002
       Source: {0A75256B-81A9-4A97-8273-1F63700A1C13}
       Description: Failed to open package file "Z:\processed\SDGEoutputWriter.dtsx" due to error 0x80070003 "The system cannot find the path specified.".  This happens when loading a package and the file cannot be opened or loaded correctly into the XML document. This can be the result of either providing an incorrect file name was specified when calling LoadPackage or the XML file was specified and has an incorrect format.
    End Error
    Could not load package "Z:\processed\SDGEoutputWriter.dtsx" because of error 0xC0011002.
    Description: Failed to open package file "Z:\processed\SDGEoutputWriter.dtsx" due to error 0x80070003 "The system cannot find the path specified.".  This happens when loading a package and the file cannot be opened or loaded correctly into the XML document. This can be the result of either providing an incorrect file name was specified when calling LoadPackage or the XML file was specified and has an incorrect format.

Friday, August 13, 2010 5:46 PM

Answers

• I'm going to assume that "Z" is a mapped drive.

If it is, the issue is that your package is not running "as you" - it's running as the account that SQL Agent is running under.  As such, it can't see your mapped drives.  Second, even if your job is using a proxy so that it's executing under your account, and your login script maps a drive - Agent doesn't run your login script before it runs that step, so it won't have that drive.

Use UNCs instead.

Todd McDermid's Blog Talk to me now on
    Friday, August 13, 2010 6:04 PM