none
Windows Embedded Standard 7 Runtime from MSDNAA - no key RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

through MSDNAA i got both versions of Windows Embedded Standard 7. The "Runtime" version and the "Toolkit" version - but with both i'm having a problem.

The "Toolkit" version requires a Key after the installation or otherwise will run only in 180 days trial mode.

The "Runtime" after installing asks me for a valid product key or otherwise will run only for 30 days and after that will reboot every 20 minutes.

for both versions MSDNAA didn't provide me with keys (i know where to look for the keys - usually with other OS systems i get a key right after checkout).

What's the issue? did they put the wrong version online?

• Edited by genesys Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:49 PM
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 5:27 PM

All replies

•  

1. For the toolkit, I see a Product Key available on MSDN.  Click on the Products Key button, next to the Download Button.

2. For the runtime, this is the run time key that you get when you sign the MS license agreement.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:50 AM
  • which ms license agreement do i need to sign?
    Monday, January 16, 2012 1:33 AM
  •  

1. For the toolkit, I see a Product Key available on MSDN.  Click on the Products Key button, next to the Download Button.

2. For the runtime, this is the run time key that you get when you sign the MS license agreement.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

He talks about MSDNAA - Acadamic Aliance. Student Programm...

You would need an OEM agreement with CLA and so on. Nothing you will have in mind if you want to try it in MSDNAA envirionment. ;) - Unfortunatly the MSDNAA site of my university is offline atm. So i can't check about MSDNAA Version.  - (Using normal Business/Retail Version)

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    Monday, January 16, 2012 2:02 AM
  • Hi :

you should apply for this runtime key  from your microsoft distribution.

Friday, February 3, 2012 1:53 AM