none
Add relationship lines to relationship report format RRS feed

• Question

• In my struggle to get all of my tables to fit on the relationship report, I deleted the lines that show those relationships created so far. I was moving tables all around in design view so the lines were going all over the place. So I deleted them which I've come to realize was a hasty and rash decision. How do I get those lines back on the report without having to draw them in myself and without having to create a new report to format all over again?

Friday, September 18, 2015 3:21 PM

Answers

• How do I get those lines back on the report without having to draw them in myself and without having to create a new report to format all over again?

Use your backup!

Build a little, test a little

Friday, September 18, 2015 4:24 PM
  • Those lines are visualizations of the relationships so what you just did was to remove all the relationships in the database. You can't "undo" what you did so you will have to re-establish the relationships manually.

As Karl so drolly put it, you can import the relationships if you have a backup file.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Friday, September 18, 2015 4:59 PM
  • Ouch...

As Bill has stated, that surface you are working with in Access is not really a "relationship report", but a "relationship designer".  Adding and removing those lines is how you create, delete, or edit relationships for your database. 

Hoping you have a backup?

Sunday, September 20, 2015 7:38 PM

All replies

• How do I get those lines back on the report without having to draw them in myself and without having to create a new report to format all over again?

Use your backup!

Build a little, test a little

Friday, September 18, 2015 4:24 PM
  • Those lines are visualizations of the relationships so what you just did was to remove all the relationships in the database. You can't "undo" what you did so you will have to re-establish the relationships manually.

As Karl so drolly put it, you can import the relationships if you have a backup file.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Friday, September 18, 2015 4:59 PM
  • Ouch...

As Bill has stated, that surface you are working with in Access is not really a "relationship report", but a "relationship designer".  Adding and removing those lines is how you create, delete, or edit relationships for your database. 

Hoping you have a backup?

Sunday, September 20, 2015 7:38 PM