none
Bug: Microsoft.Diagnostics.Tracing.EventSource fails to generate manifest when using a byte enum. RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure where to post issues with this library, so I'm trying here.

This problem occurs with both Microsoft Event Source Library 1.0.26 and the latest pre-release Microsoft EventSource Library 1.1.13-beta

When building the following program an error occurs during manifest generation.

public enum MyEnum : byte
       {
          One,
          Two,
          Three
       }

[EventSource(Name = "My-EventSource")]
       public sealed class MyEventSource : EventSource
       {
          [Event(1, Channel = EventChannel.Admin, Message = "My value: {0}")]
          public void MyEvent(MyEnum myEnum)
          {
             WriteEvent(1, myEnum);
          }
       }
    error : MSXML Schema Validation Error 0xc00ce16a. At Line=13, Column=56, Union doesn't support this value.

If I change the enum type to have "Int32" as its underlying type however, everything works as expected.

Monday, January 26, 2015 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hello Peter,

>>error : MSXML Schema Validation Error 0xc00ce16a. At Line=13, Column=56, Union doesn't support this value.

For this issues, it seems to be caused by the eventRegister.exe which is installed with the Microsoft.Diagnostics.Tracing.EventSource 1.0.26, because if I use the System.Diagnostics.Tracing namespace instead, it works fine even with the byte. I think the team might have changed its insider implementation(I am not sure since the package on nuget is not open).

My suggestion for this issue is that you could post this feedback to the site below:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hello Peter,

>>error : MSXML Schema Validation Error 0xc00ce16a. At Line=13, Column=56, Union doesn't support this value.

For this issues, it seems to be caused by the eventRegister.exe which is installed with the Microsoft.Diagnostics.Tracing.EventSource 1.0.26, because if I use the System.Diagnostics.Tracing namespace instead, it works fine even with the byte. I think the team might have changed its insider implementation(I am not sure since the package on nuget is not open).

My suggestion for this issue is that you could post this feedback to the site below:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:05 AM
  • Friday, February 6, 2015 7:48 AM