No repeating section populated on form? RRS feed

• Question

• I have several optional Sections, each of them has one repeating section.

I expect the form works this way: click a link to insert one optional section, populated with one repeating section.

All my optional sections work this way except one. For this one, after I add an optional section, no repeating section is populated but a link to insert that repeating section.

I compared "all" configuration and could not figure out what is the different among them.

Any idea where to look at it? It drives my crazy, you know after you have tens of controls done!

thanks,

Monday, March 21, 2011 4:49 PM

Answers

• Hello --- I suspect this is actually a default value setting.  In the form's design mode, go to Tools > Default Values. Find the repeating group in the datasource list and make sure that there is a check in the check box.
    • Marked as answer by Guangming Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:27 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 5:05 PM
  • what a magic!

I belive, that By design, if an optional control, the default value checkbox should be unchecked! For my form, the checkbox for the problem optional section was unchecked.

However I think the form might get some thing messed up earlier in xsn file. Anyway, what I did: checked it and saved the form, unchecked it and saved the form, solved my problem!!!

Thank you very much! You shine my day even raining outside...

• Marked as answer by Guangming Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:28 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hello --- I suspect this is actually a default value setting.  In the form's design mode, go to Tools > Default Values. Find the repeating group in the datasource list and make sure that there is a check in the check box.
    • Marked as answer by Guangming Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:27 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 5:05 PM
  • what a magic!

I belive, that By design, if an optional control, the default value checkbox should be unchecked! For my form, the checkbox for the problem optional section was unchecked.

However I think the form might get some thing messed up earlier in xsn file. Anyway, what I did: checked it and saved the form, unchecked it and saved the form, solved my problem!!!

Thank you very much! You shine my day even raining outside...

• Marked as answer by Guangming Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:28 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 5:53 PM
  • I'm glad I could help - and I hope it stops raining there soon!  It's beautiful outside here, not sure why I'm inside on the computer....   :-)
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:01 PM