none
[Java][Web Apps] How can I use a version of Java that isn’t supported in Azure App Service RRS feed

Answers

• i answered the same on SO :)

here it goes.

It is doable. But in this case you will need to create a web app and then manually copy and edit configuration files. This method is good for: • Java applications that require a version of Tomcat or Jetty that isn't directly supported by App Service or provided in the gallery. (Your case) • Java application that takes HTTP requests and does not deploy as a WAR into a pre-existing web container. • Configure the web container from scratch. • Use a version of Java that isn’t supported in App Service and want to upload it yourself. For cases like these, you can create an app using the portal, and then provide the appropriate runtime files manually. Here is the tutorial for implementing this: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/web-sites-java-custom-upload/

Rami Sarieddine Technical Evangelist

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:05 AM

All replies

• i answered the same on SO :)

here it goes.

It is doable. But in this case you will need to create a web app and then manually copy and edit configuration files. This method is good for: • Java applications that require a version of Tomcat or Jetty that isn't directly supported by App Service or provided in the gallery. (Your case) • Java application that takes HTTP requests and does not deploy as a WAR into a pre-existing web container. • Configure the web container from scratch. • Use a version of Java that isn’t supported in App Service and want to upload it yourself. For cases like these, you can create an app using the portal, and then provide the appropriate runtime files manually. Here is the tutorial for implementing this: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/web-sites-java-custom-upload/

Rami Sarieddine Technical Evangelist

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:05 AM
  • yes. asked the same ther. thank you
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:09 AM