tf.exe Unable to determine the workspace. error RRS feed

• Question

• The following command produces the error "Unable to determine the workspace."

tf get $/Symphony/Symphony4.1/BuildOutput/WebServices

Here are my workspace mappings. I don't see why there is any confusion as to which workspace should be used... How do I specify a workspace while using the get command?

=======================================================================================================
    Workspace: APACHE
    Owner    : JOEY_BRADSHAW
    Computer : APACHE
    Comment  :
    Server   : 6nytp71

Working folders:
     $/CDAS: D:\VSTS CDAS
     $/GEBM Playarea: D:\VSTS GEBM Playarea
     $/IDD: D:\VSTS IDD

=======================================================================================================
    Workspace: APACHE_msi_checkin
    Owner    : JOEY_BRADSHAW
    Computer : APACHE
    Comment  :
    Server   : 6nytp71

Working folders:
     $/Symphony/Symphony4.1/BuildOutput/WebServices: D:\VSTS Symphony\Symphony4.1\BuildOutput\WebServices

Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:48 PM

Answers

• Just go to the workspace directory you have set up...in this case, D:\VSTS Symphony...
    Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:22 PM
  • further clarification: you must set your workingdirectory on the <exec /> task to be the directory you want get files from inside of msbuild. from the command line you must actually be in the mapped directory before issuing the "tf get ..." command.

This only appears to be an issue when you have more than one workspace on the system your are attempting to issue the command from.

Friday, January 20, 2006 2:31 AM

All replies

• Just go to the workspace directory you have set up...in this case, D:\VSTS Symphony...
    Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:22 PM
  • further clarification: you must set your workingdirectory on the <exec /> task to be the directory you want get files from inside of msbuild. from the command line you must actually be in the mapped directory before issuing the "tf get ..." command.

This only appears to be an issue when you have more than one workspace on the system your are attempting to issue the command from.

Friday, January 20, 2006 2:31 AM