none
Drawing line in application is very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am working on WEC7 i.MX6. I have an application that draws the lines for every key press. I am facing an issue here, the lines are drawing very slowly. I am trying to implement Alpha blending,  I think issue is because of Alpha blending is not implemented. 

I have a keypad with which, for every key press my application draws a line with prescribed color. 

Can anyone let me know the Alpha blending implementation on i.MX6. Why the drawing lines are too slow. 

I am using frame buffer address in application as IMAGE_WINCE_VIDEO_RAM_PA_START. 

Regards,

Seeth

• Edited by Seeth Saturday, April 11, 2015 11:58 AM
    Saturday, April 11, 2015 10:56 AM

All replies

• Check the mosquito sample application for reference in the i.MX6 BSP

~\TEST\MultipleOverlay\multipleoverlay.cpp

The application uses Alpha blending and drawing bitmap.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Saturday, April 11, 2015 8:30 PM
  • Hi,

I implemented that overlay API's, its drawing the line on the screen but it crashes soon. 

I am getting SurfaceBusy error while Locking the screen for drawing after sometime. In my case, its in a thread which draws the graph on the screen based on the data received from the external source. 

So here, after drawing one line a bit it crashes because of surface busy error. Is it crashing because of the continuous calling to that function. In that thread I am calling Lock in the beginning before I copy data to lpsurface and after using I am calling UnLock(). 

Regards,

Seeth

Saturday, April 18, 2015 7:35 AM