Importing data from cube to SQL 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I had created an SSIS package previously to pull data from a cube into SQL.  We recently upgraded to SQL 2008 and the method that we were using no longer works.  Is there a way using SQL 2008 to export data from a cube and put it into a SQL DB?

Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:49 PM

Answers

• I had created an SSIS package previously to pull data from a cube into SQL.  We recently upgraded to SQL 2008 and the method that we were using no longer works.  Is there a way using SQL 2008 to export data from a cube and put it into a SQL DB?

Hi,

Please follow these steps.

1. Drag a Data Flow Task into Control flow panel, double-click that task and edit it.

2. From the toolbox, drag an OLE DB Source into Data Flow panel, and connect it to cube with Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services.

3. Use Data Conversion transformation to convert the datatype of the records if necessary.

4. Use SQL Server Destination to save the records into SQL Server database.

Please feel free to let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Zongqing Li Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:13 AM

All replies

• Can you edit the SSIS package and change the data  source to Analysis Services 10?

You can also us SSIS 2008 import/export wizard to design and save a new package.

Kalman Toth, SQL Server & BI Training, SSAS OLAP, SSIS, SSRS; http://www.SQLUSA.com
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 6:35 PM

Hi,

Please follow these steps.

1. Drag a Data Flow Task into Control flow panel, double-click that task and edit it.

2. From the toolbox, drag an OLE DB Source into Data Flow panel, and connect it to cube with Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services.

3. Use Data Conversion transformation to convert the datatype of the records if necessary.

4. Use SQL Server Destination to save the records into SQL Server database.

Please feel free to let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Zongqing Li Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:13 AM