none
OTG host support issue on imx6Q board . RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am working on iMX6Q Freescale board with WEC 2013 OS. When ever i enable High speed OTG Port Pure Host Support catalog item its hanging after loading the corresponding dll in release mode. If I build same BSP in debug mode with OTG host support enabled, its not hanging and driver is working fine.

Why this difference between debug mode and release mode? I cross checked environment variable in both the modes and its same.

What could be the reason for hanging in release mode only after loading the host dll?

Thanks in advance.

Kavya

kavya

Thursday, September 5, 2013 8:20 AM

All replies

• It might be the issue with timing ...

Try changing the load order of the driver in the driver .reg file.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:10 AM
  • In debug build the code is unoptimized and in the release build the code is optimized for size and speed.  you should understand the way the code is optimized by the compiler.

Interesting blog

http://www.flounder.com/debug_release.htm

Please mark as answer, if it is correct.
    Please vote,if it is helpful post.
    All the Best
    Vinoth.R
    www.e-consystems.com
    http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com

Friday, September 6, 2013 4:30 AM
  • Hi Kavya

You can enable more RETAILMSGs in the USB OTG driver and narrow down where the driver hangs. Once narrowed down, check the code around to see if there is a timing issue.

Regards

Adeneo-Embedded Dev Team

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:27 PM
  • I tried with different load order , it still has same issue.

kavya

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:56 PM
  • Hi adeneo team ,

I have put prints in many places. After loading the host driver it hangs in device initialize function in different places each time i boot .Sometimes it will boot and display comes up but host will not be working. May be once in 20 times of boot host will be working properly. In debug mode its working everytime. Any idea about this release mode  issue?

kavya

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:05 PM