Need to make EDITIF form the default form that opens all the time RRS feed

• Question

• Running SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013, and InfoPath 2013. 

Due to the MEMBER ID being a Unique column in my list, which is List B.   The InfoPath form is pulling data from List A and List B, displaying it and the user will update fields based on their own business rules.  However, the form opens as NEWIF and thus if a member has data already in LIST B, when they save it fails as the Member ID is unique. 

1) I have create a NEWIF and EDITIF form in InfoPath.  Although they can switch between the two, its still is opening both Forms as the NEWIF form.  This is NOT a solution.

2) Having the user go into the list and right click on edit is NOT a solution. 

3) I do not have access to the farm, so using Visual code is NOT a solution. 

4) I have copied the EDITIF code over the NEWIF code in Designer, NOT a solution, still opens as NEWIF.

5) Changing the name of the forms in SP DESIGNER 2013 does not work and is NOT a solution. 

Does anyone have a solution to this? 

Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you create two data connections to list A and list B in InfoPath?

Do you mean that you get error when creating new list item in List B? What do you mean about "thus if a member has data already in LIST"? 

Try to not set the "Member Id" column as a unique column, then check the results.(I think your issue is related to the unique column, but I cannot accurately understand you words so I cannot test this in my environment)

Please provide more information and screenshots about your issue. 

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, April 12, 2019 9:58 AM