SharePoint Lending Library Template RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Lending Library Template from here. When an item is checked out, the "Available" column should be set to "No" and the "Check Out" should be set to "Notify Me".  That is not the case here. When an item is checked out, it still displays as "Available" and when the "Check Out" link is clicked, it goes to the "Ttansactions: New Item" page and it reads "The specified asset is not available". I have seen another thread regarding this issue with no answer. Can anyone assist with this?
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:40 PM

Answers

• I was able to find a resolution for this issue. All users that are going to be checking out items from the library need to at least have Contribute Permissions for the Transactions list.
    • Marked as answer by MarcusDSmith Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:07 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hi MarcusDSmith,

For this issue, I have found a similar thread, in which Dalibor mentioned that he found that the "Check in" link remains until you log in as a different user.  Users that did not actually check out the file will have a "Notify Me" link that will allow users to be alerted once the item is check back in.  Once the user checks in the document the link will change back to "Check Out". Here is the link of this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointcustomization/thread/4f9ba63a-e621-4eb0-a37d-c1c46ecf8e65, you can refer it to get more detailed information.

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

• Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by MarcusDSmith Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:07 PM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:49 AM
  • I was able to find a resolution for this issue. All users that are going to be checking out items from the library need to at least have Contribute Permissions for the Transactions list.
    • Marked as answer by MarcusDSmith Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:07 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:07 PM