Pushing documents to SharePoint through Access? RRS feed

• Question

• ...or any other method. I'm fairly competent with SP, and we've recently upgraded to SP Designer. No MOSS though.

We suffer from a needlessly complicated routine at work, and we suffer that way partially because that's the only way we've been able to 'make' it work. They've also been doing things this way for a very long time.

We have a fairly large SP site, with hundreds of lists, and hundreds of docs. SP is mainly just for sharing the data though, we're not really taking advantage of it's more advanced features, and I wonder if any of the pros have any ideas?

Currently, we're wasting a lot of time updating these reports. They are Access based Excel reports, and we publish them on SP. The only problem is, when our vendors open these reports, they can't refresh the data themselves, (they're linked to our databases on our Shared Drives after all), so we spend quite a bit of time manually opening, refreshing, and updating these reports. Is there a better way? There has to be.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Neenja_Jenkins,

Your vendors can’t refresh the data themselves, so you spend quite a bit of time manually opening, refreshing, and updating these reports. I suggest you to write a time job to update these report. You can set a time, every 10 minutes update once.

Thanks,

Jack

Monday, February 6, 2012 12:57 AM