How to get an alert when new person is registered with an application? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am developing application that sends ccr of the patients offline to Microsoft health vault.

When a patient wishes to allow to this application,he sets up patient id,name,secret question and answer with the doctor(who is our client) and then he

logs into his health vault account and types in generated secret key from our application and enters secret answer.Then he allows access to our application.

I am wondering how to add person's record into the database when he registers with our application.

what i need is when a person allows access to our application we need to store his guid's in our database.So that we can send his health record

whenever he visits doctor through Offline access.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:51 PM

Answers

• Look at ApplicationConnection.GetAuthorizedPeople(); you can ask for the information about who has authorized your application since a certain date/time. Note that there may be clock skew between the systems so you should pad the time you ask by some amount (a few hours should be sufficient).

This does require you to poll periodically (daily is a good choice) to find out who has completed the hookup. We've talked about providing an event when that occurs, but we don't have any firm plans for when that might ship.

• Marked as answer by testing_mhv Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:35 PM

All replies

• Look at ApplicationConnection.GetAuthorizedPeople(); you can ask for the information about who has authorized your application since a certain date/time. Note that there may be clock skew between the systems so you should pad the time you ask by some amount (a few hours should be sufficient).

This does require you to poll periodically (daily is a good choice) to find out who has completed the hookup. We've talked about providing an event when that occurs, but we don't have any firm plans for when that might ship.

• Marked as answer by testing_mhv Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:35 PM
  • I am thinking the same to check periodically.Anyway thanks for the suggestion.
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:03 PM