metro IE pane and desktop IE browser

Question

• for flash to install the browser must close. while installing to the desktop IE browser is no problem since you can close that browser window, flash is not simultaneously installed on the metro pane browser. since you can't close the metro browser, at least i can't, this makes flash installation impossible. i have downloaded the flash file and attempted the install after a reboot without opening the metro browser with no luck.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi GTODave,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Metro IE does not support plugins, so if you want to display content that requires plugin, you would have to use a desktop browser.

• Marked as answer by GTODave Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:40 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi GTODave,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Metro IE does not support plugins, so if you want to display content that requires plugin, you would have to use a desktop browser.

• Marked as answer by GTODave Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:40 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:28 PM
  • thanks for the reply! as a computer user i would suggest the IE link on the metro pane send me straight to the desktop with open browser. the metro browser would be useless if i would have to switch to the desktop browser to view certain sites. linking the pane to the desktop browser would save me the hassle of having to switch to it myself.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:40 PM