none
Update install order

Question

• I have a fresh WES2009 installation (from the DVD) and have recently downloaded all updates from the ece website. What is the right order of installing these updates?  Are there any known problems installing all these updates?

Can updates be verified like in the VS2005 - WinCE 6.0 Platform Builder plugin - Update check?

Thanks,

Henrik.

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:55 AM

All replies

• I typically start from the oldest to the latest. There are many updates, but stick to the yearly roll-ups, but there are some fixes that need to be included to fix EEF issues.

There is no update check. In Target Designer, Components will have blue dots with white arrows signifying there is an update. You have to update the configuration to include the latest updates once the updates have been installed.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, May 26, 2014 11:59 AM
  • Oldest to latest - sound logical. But sorting on the ece site gives at list that jumps in the package naming from September 2012 to April 2010 - which is the oldest ?. Is it the list order or the naming of the update package? 

None of them are named yearly roolup, please clarify.

Thanks for Your many replies.

Henrik.

Monday, May 26, 2014 1:32 PM
  • You have to go by dates April 2010 is older than September 2012. To know what the yearly roll-up you have to read the description - look at all the December ones.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, May 26, 2014 6:49 PM
  • The list of update has entries like this:

"Product Download: March 2010 Windows XP Embedded and Windows Embedded Standard 2009 Optional Updates"  Date: 6/20/2013 Size: 105KB

"March 2010" but the date is in 2013. Where is the logic?. I guess the download site sorts on the dates for the package and not the name in the title.

Is there a 'roolback' function on each single update package?.

Henrik.

Saturday, May 31, 2014 3:19 PM