move Calendar folder from Exchange Server Public Folder to SharePoint Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have users who are using an Exchange Server 2007 Public Folder with Appointment type items in it. There is some talk about moving this folder to a SharePoint Server. Is this pretty straightforward? Or are SharePoint calendars different from Exchange Server Public Folders?

Especially, can I add items to the Calendar once it's in SharePoint the same way I do now for the Exchange Server's Public Folder? With VBA code that simply adds an item to the folder?

I keep reading about ways to copy items, and one article says SharePoint Calendars are read only when viewed from Outlook 2007. What is the general consensus on making this switch?

Gordon Prince * (901) 761-3393

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:15 PM

Answers

• if you have sharepoint enterprise then yes, but on stadard only appointments are supported. if you have more general questions that are not related to actual coding please ask them on sharepoint for users forum.
    • Marked as answer by Gordon Prince Friday, August 3, 2012 1:06 PM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 12:50 PM

All replies

• genrally what you do in sharepoint is to use 'connect to outlook' button on calendar list which makes it display as separate folder under calendar navigation pane in outlook. You can there make full CRUD either using UI or OOM and outlook will translate it to sharepoint web services calls. If they are different from exchange public folders? it depends what you have in mind.
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Can I create a meeting using Outlook's "Meeting Request" form? A meeting that goes onto the Calendar on SharePoint + an Exchange Server person + an Exchange Server room?

Gordon Prince * (901) 761-3393

Friday, August 3, 2012 10:01 AM
  • if you have sharepoint enterprise then yes, but on stadard only appointments are supported. if you have more general questions that are not related to actual coding please ask them on sharepoint for users forum.
    • Marked as answer by Gordon Prince Friday, August 3, 2012 1:06 PM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 12:50 PM