VS 2012 not showing linked files in design view RRS feed

• Question

• User-1458972696 posted

Hi,

I'm trying to keep files organised across multiple projects in a single solution. I have added acouple of style sheets and image files to my project as Linked Files, and they are showing up in Solution Explorer with little arrow. However, the design view isn't applying the styles, or the images. Isn't that supposed to work?

thanks

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:44 AM

Answers

• User-1458972696 posted

What I ended up doing here was having a project that is accessible to all the projects as a file repository, and any style sheet links point to the absolute address on the server, rather than relative links within the solution. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 2:09 PM

All replies

• User71929859 posted

Hello,

Check the below link and see whether it can help to resolve your problem.

http://weblogs.asp.net/jeffwids/archive/2009/06/07/why-does-visual-studio-not-resolve-my-css-class-names.aspx

Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:55 AM
  • User-1458972696 posted

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but no that doesn't help. The links are relative links, and whereas before they were actual files, now they are linked files - and they don't work!

This was really a workaround to sharing resources across projects - for example, on the server, the 'Images' directory for this application is a virtual directory to another directory on the server - and I'm not sure how best to mirror this behaviour on development machine, in a way that doesn't interfere with the server setup when I publish/ftp the site

thanks

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:33 AM
  • User-1458972696 posted

What I ended up doing here was having a project that is accessible to all the projects as a file repository, and any style sheet links point to the absolute address on the server, rather than relative links within the solution. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 2:09 PM