Formating RRS feed

• Question

• I want to format data type memo by only selecting certain sentence to be bold. When i do highlight the sentences that i want  bold, the whole field box gets bold. Is there a conditioning format or expression control i must create- in order to select some sentences to be bold in the field?

Thanks

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Please follow the steps:

1. Open your table in Design view.

2. Click on your memo field.

3. In the Field Properties section select TextFormat property and change it's value to Rich Text (it is Plain Text by default)

4. Save the table design.

Nadia

• Proposed as answer by NadiaSz Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:37 AM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Assuming you are using Access 2007 or 2010, open your table in design view, select the memo field, and make sure the Text Format property (in the lower pane of table design), is set to Rich Text. You should then be able to format part of the field differently than the rest.

You can't do this in earlier versions.

Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to forum, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please follow the steps:

1. Open your table in Design view.

2. Click on your memo field.

3. In the Field Properties section select TextFormat property and change it's value to Rich Text (it is Plain Text by default)

4. Save the table design.

Nadia

• Proposed as answer by NadiaSz Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Assuming you are using Access 2007 or 2010, open your table in design view, select the memo field, and make sure the Text Format property (in the lower pane of table design), is set to Rich Text. You should then be able to format part of the field differently than the rest.

You can't do this in earlier versions.

Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to forum, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:53 PM
  • Hello,

How this issue is going on in your side? If you have any concern for this issue, please feel free to follow up or unmark it again.

Best regards,
    Bessie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:36 AM