none
Forms how to get started RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to drag the form command into the working area it just flashes the screen and nothing seems to happen.

Should I not start by dragging the form command in then adding form boxes such as inputs into that area?

Monday, October 14, 2013 3:56 PM

All replies

• What are you expecting to happen? If you drag a form control into the design pane of an empty page, it looks much the same, except a "Form" label appears on the empty box. If you drag it into code view, you see the markup that represents the form—'<form action="" method="post">'. Either way, there's not much visible change in design view.

Oh, and if you're working in a DWT-derived page, and try to drop into a non-editable region, I'm not sure what the result would be, but it wouldn't be inserted there.

BTW, you don't really need to explicitly drag a form control onto the page. You can drag anything requiring a form there, such as an Input (text) control, and a form will automatically be wrapped around it by EW.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Monday, October 14, 2013 5:59 PM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 5:57 PM
  • ...And the "form" tag won't appear unless you have your Visual Aids set to do so.

A form has no visual impact on a page. Work in Split View.  You'll see the form is there.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:26 AM