Occurs Handles Missing Error in IIS 7.5 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1939249872 posted

Occurs Handles Missing Error in IIS 7.5

How to solve this problem?  I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:08 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

For this issue, I’d like to suggest you to enable the failed Request Tracing in IIS, we can enable this Failed Request Tracing in the IIS by steps below,

1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager:
    2. In the Connections pane, select the server connection, site, application, or directory for which you want to configure failed request tracing.
    3. In the Actions pane, click Failed Request Tracing...
    4. In the Edit Web Site Failed Request Tracing Settings dialog box, select the Enable check box to enable tracing, leave the default value or type a new directory where you want to store failed request log files in the Directory box, type the number of failed request trace files you want to store in the Maximum number of trace files box, and then click OK.

And you can check log files in C:\inetpub\logs\FailedReqLogFiles, it will give more details to troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 1:08 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Could you show the exact error message you have without changing anything ? Or describe the exact behavior you see. Not sure about others but for now it doesn't look like something I had or even heard about. Knowing the exact unchanged error message or some details on the behavior you see could help to better understand what happens on your side.

If you meant the ASPX handler is missing see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8530058/how-to-add-aspx-page-handler-on-local-iis-set-up

Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:35 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

For this issue, I’d like to suggest you to enable the failed Request Tracing in IIS, we can enable this Failed Request Tracing in the IIS by steps below,

1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager:
    2. In the Connections pane, select the server connection, site, application, or directory for which you want to configure failed request tracing.
    3. In the Actions pane, click Failed Request Tracing...
    4. In the Edit Web Site Failed Request Tracing Settings dialog box, select the Enable check box to enable tracing, leave the default value or type a new directory where you want to store failed request log files in the Directory box, type the number of failed request trace files you want to store in the Maximum number of trace files box, and then click OK.

And you can check log files in C:\inetpub\logs\FailedReqLogFiles, it will give more details to troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 1:08 AM