none
Always show Outlook FormRegion RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm building a new form region to the AppointmentItem with new fields as Agenda and Meeting Type - the problem is that when a user collapse the form region - the next time he opens an AppointmentItem - the form region will appear collapsed (there is a + sign in the top left of the form region where he can hide it or show it).

I tried to use the: this.Visible = true and it did not help.

How can I make the form region always visible to the user?

Seif.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:46 PM

Answers

• There's no way to expand the form region from your code. You could use a replacement form region and completely replace the page which would allow you to always show the complete design, but that's about it as far as I know.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

• Marked as answer by Seif Ibrahim Thursday, December 5, 2013 5:46 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:41 PM

All replies

• There's no way to expand the form region from your code. You could use a replacement form region and completely replace the page which would allow you to always show the complete design, but that's about it as far as I know.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

• Marked as answer by Seif Ibrahim Thursday, December 5, 2013 5:46 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Hello Seif,

Outlook Form Regions provide the FormRegionInitializing event for hiding and showing the form at runtime. You can read more about the event in the How to: Prevent Outlook from Displaying a Form Region article in MSDN.

Unfortunately it is not possible to collapse or show the Outlook region form at runtime. However, Add-in Express provides Advanced Outlook Form regions that have the required functionality on the board. Or, if you don't want to use third-party solutions, you can subclass inspector windows on your own (requires some knowledge of the Windows API).

Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:58 PM