none
Cannot access the MSDN site... RRS feed

• Question

• When I logged in and went to http://msdn.microsoft.com , the following error message was shown, regardless the operating system or the browser used~

Sorry, we were unable to service your request.

For the latest headlines and to see what's new, visit the MSDN home page.

Check out the various MSDN Developer Centers where you can find the latest product information, technical resources, and community offerings.

Visit the MSDN Library for the latest technical articles, reference documentation, downloads, and more.

I don`t know what I can do..., but I really need to log in and go to the MSDN site at the same time...
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 9:28 AM

Answers

• Does anyone know when MSDN subscriber benefits are expected to be back up?
    • Proposed as answer by pb_ibm Sunday, October 5, 2008 8:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by pbnec Sunday, October 5, 2008 8:44 AM
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 7:43 PM

All replies

• pbnec said:

When I logged in and went to http://msdn.microsoft.com , the following error message was shown, regardless the operating system or the browser used~

Sorry, we were unable to service your request.

For the latest headlines and to see what's new, visit the MSDN home page.

Check out the various MSDN Developer Centers where you can find the latest product information, technical resources, and community offerings.

Visit the MSDN Library for the latest technical articles, reference documentation, downloads, and more.

I don`t know what I can do..., but I really need to log in and go to the MSDN site at the same time...

Same for me...
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 12:49 PM
  • Apparently both MSDN subscriber and Technet subscriber sites are down.  I cannot access either from any browser or system this morning.  When logged in I get Sorry, we were unable to service your request on MSDN and on Technet I'm taken to a generic error page for Page Not Found with links to several other Technet pages, all of which bring me back to the same generic error page.
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 1:59 PM
  • Same here.  Just starting my subscription, I was going to get a whole lot of work done this weekend... :-(
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 1:59 PM
  • Just adding my voice to the screaming choir here. No MSDN access for me. What a shame too - I just set up my PC at home again, and needed access to VS and lots more. Guess I'll have to learn not to be dependent on MSDN Subscriptions being available, giving that this isn't exactly the first time this happens...

Saturday, October 4, 2008 2:53 PM
  • I can't access MSDN subscriptions either... (same error)

Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:39 PM
  • Me either:-(
    Just got a new monster machine at home  >_<
    • Edited by linyang Saturday, October 4, 2008 5:06 PM
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 5:05 PM
  • Yup, same here. Works as long as I'm not signed in with my Live ID.
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 6:07 PM
  • Same here. Hasn't worked for me since yesterday evening. grumble grumble
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 6:49 PM
  • Does anyone know when MSDN subscriber benefits are expected to be back up?
    • Proposed as answer by pb_ibm Sunday, October 5, 2008 8:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by pbnec Sunday, October 5, 2008 8:44 AM
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 7:43 PM
  • I expect that the MSDN subscription beneficiary (i.e. Microsoft staff) can test the new website more thoroughly and backup the current website more carefully before releasing the new website to the public. I also expect that the beneficiary can restore the current website more quickly after discovering the problem of the new website...
    • Edited by pbnec Sunday, October 5, 2008 9:00 AM
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 8:55 AM
  • It must be something to do with IE because I just logged into the MSDN Subscriptions page with Firefox. I can access my downloads and product keys.

I wonder if it's a certificate issue with IE, MSDN and Live.com?

mike
    mike
    • Proposed as answer by mikefoley Wednesday, October 8, 2008 6:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 6:46 PM