Health record attachments?? RRS feed

• Question

• Are health record attachments available? If not, what's the best way to capture them, and will this feature become part of a future release of the SDK?
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:48 PM

Answers

• A file / binary data can be stored in the "OtherData" of the HealthRecordItem.  You can also add File Datatype...

Raj

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:14 PM

All replies

• A file / binary data can be stored in the "OtherData" of the HealthRecordItem.  You can also add File Datatype...

Raj

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:14 PM
  • thanks! I'll go that route.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:43 PM
  • Can users export these attachments from their HV account? I know you can export health records (to CSV format).
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:26 PM
  •  

If you are storing a document in the "File" datatype, you can download the file from the healthvault website -in the documents section.

I could not find a way to download the the file if added to the OtherData property.

HTH

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:56 PM
  • Same observation for OtherData property.. wasn't able find a way to retrieve it even when I pulled the record via the api. I'll try the File datatype. If you have a snippet to share, that would be awesome!

Phillip
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:10 PM
  •  

When you pull the item via API you should make sure you request all the sections...

For ex

_item = PersonInfo.SelectedRecord.GetItem(itemGuid, HealthRecordItemSections.All);

Let me know if it works now...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:12 PM
  • Just to expand on what others have already said...

I think the best option would be to upload the document as a File object, and then link the instance that it's related to using RelatedItems. That gives you an easy way to find the document from the instance, and also makes it easy for the user to download it as a document.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:16 PM
  • Thanks.. RelatedItems will be an important piece for me.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:37 PM