FTP w SSL RRS feed

• Question

• Am using Sharepoint 2010 with SSL on 2008 R2.

Is it possible to add FTP (with SSL) publishing to Sharepoint app?

Joseph Kejr
    Monday, January 3, 2011 11:38 PM

Answers

• FTP is protocol is not supported by SharePoint OOTB.

If you want to do publishing if content you can use the Content Deployment functionality. It publishes content from one site collection to another, even if they are in different farms.

More info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee721058.aspx

Alex Bacchin
    • Proposed as answer by Alexandre Bacchin Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:55 AM

All replies

• FTP is protocol is not supported by SharePoint OOTB.

If you want to do publishing if content you can use the Content Deployment functionality. It publishes content from one site collection to another, even if they are in different farms.

More info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee721058.aspx

Alex Bacchin
    • Proposed as answer by Alexandre Bacchin Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:55 AM
  • Why do you need FTP? You can use WebDAV with SharePoint document library (the Explorer View) .
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:28 AM
  • I'm working to setup Sharepoint for a nonprofit that will have users accessing it from around the world. Many of the people are located in places like Africa with slow internet connections.  Some are using different browsers and OSes.  I'm worried about timeout issues when transfering files through web or webdav.  I know that secure ftp works well and I'm not as informed about file transfer through the web.  Some files can be large and quite often people will upload a number of files that work well with an ftp queue.  When uploading lots of files, ftp has retries and logs to keep track of what has been uploaded.

Joseph Kejr
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:01 PM