Binding a website to new FastCGI settings results in internal server error (500) RRS feed

• Question

• User354207491 posted

Hi all,

What I try to do
    Configure 1 website to execute long running (up to 5 minutes) php scripts, by adjusting FastCGI's "ActivityTimeout" setting. I do not want to enable this setting for all websites by adjusting the normal FastCGI application settings, but I want to create a new FastCGI application where I can map that one website to.

How I tried to do that
    According to this site I can create different FastCGI applications for different websites. The unique identifier for a FastCGI application is the combination of the executable and the arguments. The steps I took:

• Creating a new FastCGI application with the settings:
      • executable: "E:\Program Files\PHP\php-cgi.exe"
      • arguments: "long_process" (PHP actually does not do anything with this, except passing it as arguments to the php script, where they appear in the $argv[] array. See this php manual)
      • Setting the application´s ActivityTimeout to a few minutes
    • Adding a *.php module mapping in the hander mappings from that one specific website with the settings:
      • Module: FastCgiModule
      • Request path: *.php
      • Executable: "E:\Program Files\PHP\php-cgi.exe"|long_process
      • Restrictions: file&folder, all verbs, script

The problem
    IIS outputs an Internal Server Error (500):

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
    <handler> scriptProcessor could not be found in <fastCGI> application configuration

Detailed Error Information
    Module: FastCgiModule
    Notification: ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler: PHP_Fast_CGI_Mapping
    Error Code: 0x80070585

No matter what I try, which arguments (also more 'valid' php commandline arguments, such as simply -v to display the version or -d open_basedir <path> to define the basedir), the outcome is always the same. The problem looks a lot like this forum post: How can I pass command line arguments to my fastcgi process?

Does anybody have an idea what to do?
    Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:40 AM

All replies

• User-823319154 posted

Hi au.merci,

Welcome to IIS forum.

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error <handler> scriptProcessor could not be found in <fastCGI> application configuration

According to the error message, it means that the handler for the request is configured as fastcgi module which is supposed to run the fastcgi client as specified by scriptProcessor property but an entry for this fastcgi client is not found. You can delete the handle in UI and add it again. Reference: http://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/fastcgi

Please check whether it helps you.

Best regards,

Angie

Sunday, February 22, 2015 1:07 AM
  • User354207491 posted

Hi Angie,

Thank you for your response :)

I took your recommendation to add the FastCGI application again, but the result is the same. I have taken 3 screenshots to show the steps I took.

Figure 1: Adding the FastCGI module mapping to the testwebsites handlers

Figure 2: Adding the FastCGI application with the same arguments

Figure 3: A 500 error as the result

Can you explain to me if I made a thought or setup error? Because this behavior seems odd to me.

Friday, February 27, 2015 8:28 AM