Is it possible to put ads in a webview? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app built in c#/xaml, but I use webviews to display certain sections of my app.  I want to know if it's possible to place ads in the webview.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:48 PM

Answers

• See App certification requirements for the Windows Store section 2 for requirements on ads.

You wouldn't need an API (you could just barcode an image). People do that often with ads for their own products. Using an existing API means the API vendor deals with sourcing and paying for ads so you don't need to manage that yourself.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, February 10, 2014 1:48 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:43 PM

All replies

• Why wouldn't it be? Ads are just content. You can point the WebView to HTML containing your ads.

If you are asking about specific advertising API you'll need to ask the authors of that API if it will work in your context.

--Rob

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:17 PM
  • I should have specified Pubcenter ads, I did also post on their forum as well.

But you bring up a good point.  Does the store allow ads that aren't inserted through an api?  I can't imagine that they wouldn't.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:21 PM
  • See App certification requirements for the Windows Store section 2 for requirements on ads.

You wouldn't need an API (you could just barcode an image). People do that often with ads for their own products. Using an existing API means the API vendor deals with sourcing and paying for ads so you don't need to manage that yourself.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, February 10, 2014 1:48 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:43 PM