Mail App: Application Bar Customization in Manifest RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Looking at manifest documentation for mail apps i amwondering, if there is a way to add some custom features to application button, that is displaied in OWA or Outlook for mail app? Maybe one can show an icon or change bacground color of it, ...? (not for office sotre which is already supported but for the application bar inside outlook or owa)

If not, maybe its an idea which might be supported in future?

Anze Javornik

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Anze,

we don't support that today - we wanted to have a uniform look for apps, so that they would naturally fit in with the overall OWA design and really feel as native as possible to OWA.

As OWA and out platform evolves, we can certainly revisit that part of the design.

-Andrew

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Anze,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll consult my colleague on your issue. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:40 AM
  • Hi Anze,

we don't support that today - we wanted to have a uniform look for apps, so that they would naturally fit in with the overall OWA design and really feel as native as possible to OWA.

As OWA and out platform evolves, we can certainly revisit that part of the design.

-Andrew

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:18 AM
  • I understand the design issues. When (If) you ever go to rethinking of this, maybe adding a small 16x16 (24x24 maybe) icon possiblity would not seem such a bad idea...if for example one has 3-4 mail apps, the icon itself would actaully make it a lot easier to find the right app, and it might even look better :)

Anze Javornik

Monday, April 15, 2013 6:05 PM