MTM: Lab Environment - Test Controller & Test Agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Am is a mess on configuring Test Controller & Test Agent to my local machine.. 

Have search into lots of Configuration and Setup guides in MS forums and site, still am not clear. 

Please lemme know, what I need to do to configure my Test Controller and Test Agent into my machine. 

1. I have downloaded and installed the Test controller and Agent in my machine. 

2. I have TFS account. 

3. My question is, What is the username I have to provide in the Test controller configuration tool

4. How to add name in Administrator Group,

5. How to add lab environment username and password. 

Pls pls suggest. 

Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Russel

3. My question is, What is the username I have to provide in the Test controller configuration tool

3.  The user name for the controller should have the test administrator permission

4.  on the my computer icon right click and select manage.  Look at the local users section.

5.  This is configured on the Agent set-up if memory serves.

HTH

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, June 23, 2014 10:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:15 AM
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Hi,

If you plan to create a lab environment from MTM, you don’t need to install and configure test agents on your machines manually unless the test agent machine is Windows XP machine, test agents will be installed and configured automatically after you start to create the lab environment.

The account for configuring test control should be in the Administrator group in that machine.

You can add the account to Administrator in Manage->Local Users and Groups->Groups.

If you mean that how to specify the user name and password in Machines tab in New environment dialog when you create a lab environment, this user name must be in the Administrators group on every computer in the environment. It can be either a domain user name, or a local user name that is valid on each computer. This account is used to log on test agent machine, install and configure test agent.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 20, 2014 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Russel

3.  The user name for the controller should have the test administrator permission

4.  on the my computer icon right click and select manage.  Look at the local users section.

5.  This is configured on the Agent set-up if memory serves.

HTH

Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Hi,

If you plan to create a lab environment from MTM, you don’t need to install and configure test agents on your machines manually unless the test agent machine is Windows XP machine, test agents will be installed and configured automatically after you start to create the lab environment.

The account for configuring test control should be in the Administrator group in that machine.

You can add the account to Administrator in Manage->Local Users and Groups->Groups.

If you mean that how to specify the user name and password in Machines tab in New environment dialog when you create a lab environment, this user name must be in the Administrators group on every computer in the environment. It can be either a domain user name, or a local user name that is valid on each computer. This account is used to log on test agent machine, install and configure test agent.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 20, 2014 6:23 AM