Dynamic context property promotion using orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to dynamically promote context properties using an orchestration.

We basically have an orchestration that receives a message and one of its context has indications on which context properties should get promoted and how to get the value (could be fixed value, coming with the configuration, or xpath related with the message body).

To do this we created a received pipeline with a custom pipeline component capable of reading the configuration that comes with the message and do all the work necessary to promote what is needed.

Now, everything works fine from the orchestration to the pipeline execution using shape expression and shape construction and the context properties even end up with the right value, problem is, the context properties are never promoted.

Debugging the pipeline component, right on the return statement, does shows the context properties as being promoted.

Has anyone tried this?

UPDATE 1

I think I wasn't very clear with the objective. I can't create a correlation set, unless there is a way to dynamically say which context properties I want to use at runtime. I don't know which context properties (name and namespace) I'll need to promote until I receive the message on the orchestration, where on of its context properties has all the information.

Meaning that two messages can result in different promotions.

Example A

Message says it needs to promote context properties “FileName” and “Receiver”

Example B

Message says it needs to promote context properties “Sender”, “Owner” and “CommunicationType”

• Edited by Fest Xan Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:17 AM clarification
    Monday, September 26, 2016 5:36 PM

Answers

• Hi

To promote properties on a message published by an orchestration, you have to create/initialize a CorrelationSet on the Send shape that sends this message-

http://blogs.biztalk360.com/property-promotion-inside-orchestration/

Thanks Arindam

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, October 7, 2016 1:43 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 5:42 PM
  • So, great, you're most of the way there.  The problem you're facing is that the Orchestration engine, and XLang/s Messages, actually have no concept of Promoted internally. That's just the way it is.

No problem, all you have to do is Promote your Properties as the Message is Published to the MessageBox.

To do that, you have to use the Correlation Set technique.  Saravana has published a Blog post on exactly how to do this which you can find here: http://blogs.biztalk360.com/property-promotion-inside-orchestration/

Basically, you define a Correlation Set on those Properties and Initialize it on the Send Shape.

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:12 PM

All replies

• What is the requirement that you need to implement such mechanism....it just seems like a overload to me.. tell us the requirement and we shall be able to advise you in a better way.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:38 PM
  • Hi

To promote properties on a message published by an orchestration, you have to create/initialize a CorrelationSet on the Send shape that sends this message-

http://blogs.biztalk360.com/property-promotion-inside-orchestration/

Thanks Arindam

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:42 PM
  • Hi,

You shall be able to promote property within an orchestration by initializing correlation , is there specific need making you to use custom pipeline. Please check the below articles.

Link

Practical Implementation of this concept

Regards Pushpendra Singh : Please mark the reply as answer or vote it up, as deemed fit.

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:00 PM
  • So, great, you're most of the way there.  The problem you're facing is that the Orchestration engine, and XLang/s Messages, actually have no concept of Promoted internally. That's just the way it is.

No problem, all you have to do is Promote your Properties as the Message is Published to the MessageBox.

To do that, you have to use the Correlation Set technique.  Saravana has published a Blog post on exactly how to do this which you can find here: http://blogs.biztalk360.com/property-promotion-inside-orchestration/

Basically, you define a Correlation Set on those Properties and Initialize it on the Send Shape.

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:12 PM