Azure ondemand webjobs called more than once RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I created some webjobs for our current project. Each of them is a console application that get executed on a schedule defined in the settings.job file. The schedule is working fine but even though I set "is_singleton = true" the scheduler will call the webjob multiple times after each other.

{
        "is_singleton": true,
        "schedule": "* */45 * * * *"
    }

As you can see in the following image. The Webjob gets executed more than once. The schedule still works since each action will get called again after 45 minutes of the last execution. This is the output of kuda:

http://bikube.de

Thursday, April 6, 2017 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There are two ways to set up a schedule for your web job, 1) using Azure Scheduler and 2) use the CRON expression within WebJob.  The following is the CRON expression. 

{ "is_singleton": true, "schedule": "* */45 * * * *" }

However, I suspect you also have a Azure Scheduler also does the same thing.  You can check from the Ibiza portal -> Scheduler extension to see if you have an Azure Scheduler job that also invokes your web job.  If so, you can choose turning off either the CRON expression schedule or Azure Scheduler schedule to avoid your web job being called more than once.

Thanks,

Ping

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:04 PM