Using web form controls to control results from SSRS report RRS feed

• Question

• User-718146471 posted

Hey guys, I'm giving this a go and it's been a while. What I'm trying to do is tie my report to my web form controls so I can configure what I want on my report. I have two parameters configured and each is tied to a drop down list. My query works fine so that isn't an issue (tested in sql debugger). Does anyone have any primers that show the right way to do this?

Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:59 PM

Answers

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

According to your description, we want to pass DropDownList control’s value as the parameters to the SSRS report.

I want to know that if we will use the ReportView Control to call the RDLC file in the Web Form.

If we use ReportView control in the Web Form, there is a demo, please refer to the steps below:

I have build a demo following the link steps. It will contains some points below:

1. Create a Procdure with parameters.
    2. In the web form, we will get value from web control as the parameters.
    3. Pass the value to the Procedure.
    4. Set the query data as the ReportView.LocalReport.DataSource.

Please refer to the link below:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/uploadfile/jayendra/how-to-create-a-ssrs-report-in-Asp-Net/

Hope it’s sueful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 11:15 AM

All replies

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

According to your description, we want to pass DropDownList control’s value as the parameters to the SSRS report.

I want to know that if we will use the ReportView Control to call the RDLC file in the Web Form.

If we use ReportView control in the Web Form, there is a demo, please refer to the steps below:

I have build a demo following the link steps. It will contains some points below:

1. Create a Procdure with parameters.
    2. In the web form, we will get value from web control as the parameters.
    3. Pass the value to the Procedure.
    4. Set the query data as the ReportView.LocalReport.DataSource.

Please refer to the link below:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/uploadfile/jayendra/how-to-create-a-ssrs-report-in-Asp-Net/

Hope it’s sueful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 11:15 AM
  • User-718146471 posted

Ok, thanks, makes complete sense to me after reading the linked how to.

Friday, September 6, 2013 11:20 AM