none
Could not load file or assembly 'LibGit2Sharp, Version=14.0.0.0,

Question

• I am trying to install angular using bower within VS 2015 community in Windows 10. I've got the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'LibGit2Sharp, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.GitCli.GitShim.lsRemote(String url, Boolean headsOnly, Boolean tagsOnly)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.GitCli.Program.Main(String[] args)

How to fix t?

Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:36 PM

All replies

• Hi goldevx,

Thank you for posting here.

This forum is discussing Team Foundation Server. Your issue is related to Visual Studio General. I will move this thread to corresponding forum.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 5:38 AM
  • Hi goldevx,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Could you please provide the detail steps that you try to install the Angular using bower in your VS community 2015?

I have tried to install the Angular in the Asp.NET Web application like the following steps and the installation works fine.

1. Create a C#/VB-ASP.NET Web Application-Empty and right click the Project name, then choose ‘Manage NuGet Packages…’

2. Click the ‘Brower’ tab and type ‘angularjs’, then choose ‘AngularJS.Core’ which provides the base Angular framework from the AngularJS Team and click “Install”.

3. The installation is successfully, and after that, I found it adds the Angular script files to your solution as below:

Or you can try to directly download the AngularJS from the Angular official page: https://www.angularjs.org/, then add to your solution to develop with it.

If you are not familiar with the Angular in VS, you can have a look at this description article.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 9:29 AM