none
.Net Framework 3.5 Sp1 setup alone without 2.0,3.0 etc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to search but no avail, is there setup that only contains net framework 3.5 and sp1. not before versions. Full version, 240mb, is too big for my requirement. 

Thanks and regards, 

Maverick
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:42 PM

Answers

• Thank you for A.m.a.L's kindly help.

Hi Maverick,

The .NET Framework is an integral Windows component that supports building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services. The .NET Framework has two main components: the common language runtime (CLR) and the .NET Framework class library. The common language runtime is the foundation of the .NET Framework. .NET Framework 3.5 uses CLR version 2.0 and so does .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0, while .NET framework 1.1 uses v1.1.
    The Core parts are referred to speak as the 'Red Bits' and the rest as the 'Green Bits'.
    For more information, see: http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2007/06/net-framework-35.html

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 includes .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2. .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 cannot be removed because they are the prerequisite of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

I can understand that you want to save the disk space with your deployment. Here is a useful thread that shows how to redeploy .NET Framework with applications. See: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/dbb5f8c4-919a-4587-a39c-16733311db38/

I hope this information will be helpful.

Thanks

Hi Cindy,

Referring to removal of any the earlier versions of the .NET Framework, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

For applications, if you have some application based on .NET Framework 3.5 on your PC, you cannot remove .NET Framework 2.0, .NET Framework 3.0 and .NET Framework 3.5 because .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 are the prerequisite of .NET Framework 3.5. So the three .NET Frameworks cannot be removed.
    For OS, here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx

For instance, if you have Windows XP Home Edition SP3, the MSI-based .NET Framework 1.1 + SP1 is shipped with it but not as truly integrated OS components. If you don't have any application based on .NET Framework 1.1, you can remove it.

For more information of .NET Framework 3.5, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w0x726c2.aspx

Thanks

(This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 6:38 AM

All replies

• .Net 3.5 is collection of .Net 2.0 Sp2, .Net 3.0 and .Net 3.5

Without other versions it wont work.

Thanks,
    A.m.a.L
    .Net Goodies
    Remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a correct reply to your question
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:55 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. 

Actually I need separate as many of my customers already have upto 3.0 so with new version i need only 3.5 sp1 this will save CD space.

windows 2000 server need only .netframework 2.0.

So am more interested if i could find separate setup for 2.0,3.0,3.5 so I can use as per my requirement.

Thanks.

Maverick
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:04 PM
  • One option is to download complete .Net 3.5 and extract and remove unwanted packages like

there will be 64 version etc.

Thanks,
    A.m.a.L
    .Net Goodies
    Remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a correct reply to your question
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:09 PM
  • I think this post is close to what I need to know when I read your answer to the other poster. I have .net 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 SP1 on my list of programs on Windows XP Home.  So I need to keep all of them on my computer for 3.5 to work? 

What exactly does the program do?  The updates are getting there automatically and I'm not really sure what Microsoft.Net Framework is for.

Cindy
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:05 PM
  • Wiki says

"The Microsoft .NET Framework is a software framework that can be installed on computers running Microsoft Windows operating systems . It includes a large library of coded solutions to prevent common programming problems and a virtual machine that manages the execution of programs written specifically for the framework . The .NET Framework is a key Microsoft offering and is intended to be used by most new applications created for the Windows platform."

More here

For .Net 3.5 to work you need the other frameworks.
    Thanks,
    A.m.a.L
    .Net Goodies
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:16 PM
  • Thank you for A.m.a.L's kindly help.

Hi Maverick,

The .NET Framework is an integral Windows component that supports building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services. The .NET Framework has two main components: the common language runtime (CLR) and the .NET Framework class library. The common language runtime is the foundation of the .NET Framework. .NET Framework 3.5 uses CLR version 2.0 and so does .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0, while .NET framework 1.1 uses v1.1.
    The Core parts are referred to speak as the 'Red Bits' and the rest as the 'Green Bits'.
    For more information, see: http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2007/06/net-framework-35.html

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 includes .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2. .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 cannot be removed because they are the prerequisite of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

I can understand that you want to save the disk space with your deployment. Here is a useful thread that shows how to redeploy .NET Framework with applications. See: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/dbb5f8c4-919a-4587-a39c-16733311db38/

I hope this information will be helpful.

Thanks

Hi Cindy,

Referring to removal of any the earlier versions of the .NET Framework, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

For applications, if you have some application based on .NET Framework 3.5 on your PC, you cannot remove .NET Framework 2.0, .NET Framework 3.0 and .NET Framework 3.5 because .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 are the prerequisite of .NET Framework 3.5. So the three .NET Frameworks cannot be removed.
    For OS, here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx

For instance, if you have Windows XP Home Edition SP3, the MSI-based .NET Framework 1.1 + SP1 is shipped with it but not as truly integrated OS components. If you don't have any application based on .NET Framework 1.1, you can remove it.

For more information of .NET Framework 3.5, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w0x726c2.aspx

Thanks

(This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 6:38 AM