none
BLE Updating connection parameters RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple c++ program working well using  Win32 Bluetooth APIs to receive data from a device using characteristic change notifications.

The problem is that I am dropping data and have been looking for a way to update the connection parameters from within my application as I'm assuming that the lack of performance is related to the connection parameters.

1) how can I update the connection parameters from my application?

2) is there anything else I should be doing to improve performance, the device is working fine on other devices iOS using different code so I believe the device is sending data in the allowable BLE bandwidth, it is just a problem on a windows desktop box

thanks!

Friday, July 21, 2017 2:11 PM

All replies

• We don't have APIs to update the connection parameters.

In the current Windows Insider Preview we made improvements to honor what the device requests.  Are you seeing improvements in the Windows Insider Preview?

If not, your firmware SDK may have a way to have the device ask using LL_CONNECTION_PARAM_REQ. 

If you're firmware is already performing a LL_CONNECTION_PARAM_REQ and there are issue in the Windows Insider Preview we'd love to get traces using Feedback Up.

There is always more we can do to improve performance, however without details or traces I can't provide specific guidance. If you could describe what times you observe on other OSes and what you observe on our and provide traces we could look and perhaps provide more insight.

Friday, July 21, 2017 4:11 PM